Tournament Status: Tournament Completed
Welcome to the home page for the 2017 NPDA National Championship tournament hosted by Colorado College (CO) on Mar 23-26, 2017 for College students.
Dear NPDA Colleagues:
On behalf of President Michael Middleton, the Executive Council, our host Julian Plaza, and the National Parliamentary Debate Association, I am pleased to invite you to the 21st annual NPDA National Championship Tournament, Thursday, March 23 through Sunday, March 26, 2017 at Colorado College. We anticipate a fine weekend of education and competition, culminating with the awarding of the 2017 National Championship.
Please note the following deadlines for entry and ensure that all materials arrive in the proper location on time. All forms must be electronically submitted following the enclosed instructions. Faxes will not be accepted.
- Thursday, March 3, 2016
- Hotel reservations due. See the Lodging section of this invitation for full hotel details.
- Friday, February 24, 2017 (6 p.m. CST)
- Tournament entry due at http://www.forensicstournament.net and must include the names of all debaters and critics.
- Tournament fees must be paid online if by credit card or, if by check, must arrive to NPDA Treasurer Phil Sharp’s office. Credit card payment is available at www.parlidebate.org. No personal checks are accepted.
- Student eligibility forms due by e-mail (email@example.com) to the tournament director. The document must include the signature of the Director of Forensics/Debate of the program, the signature of the college/university Registrar, and the seal of the institution.
- Critic certification forms due by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the tournament director.
- Critic philosophy statements and email addresses due to http://www.forensicstournament.net. Philosophy statements must meet minimum standards for acceptance (see Critics section of this document). Critics must enter the addresses where they will receive ballots during the tournament.
- Program Responsibility form due by email (email@example.com) to the tournament director.
- Title XI training must be completed by all observes, judges, coaches, critics, and other attendees. If you have not completed training, use this link for instructions: http://www.parlidebate.org/harassmentviolence-awareness-prevention-training/
- Monday, March 20, 2017 (6 p.m. CST)
- Critic strike page will be emailed to directors. Judging philosophies will be available at forensictournament.net.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 (6 p.m. CST)
- Critic strikes and ADA requests are due to the email indicated on the strike sheet. Strikes that are submitted late will not be guaranteed.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 (4 pm, CST)
- Schools must register in person at the tournament hotel. Teams failing to register in person will be removed from the tournament. If an emergency arises that prevents in-person registration at this time, call 832-545-7796 (David Worth) immediately.
Failure to meet any of these deadlines will result in the removal of teams from the National Championship Tournament and the surrender of all registration fees.
Note: For all tournament-related communication, please contact me ONLY at npdanats2017@gmail or 832-545-7796. Information sent to any other email or phone number will not be accepted.
For payment-related questions, you must contact Phil Sharp at Npdatreasurer@gmail.com or (360) 747-2944.
- Abilene Christian University (Abilene, TX)
- Appalachian State University (Boone, NC)
- Biola University (La Mirada, CA)
- Cedarville University (Cedarville, OH)
- Colorado State University - Pueblo (Pueblo, CO)
- Concordia University Irvine (Irvine, CA)
- El Camino College (Torrance, CA)
- Florida International University (Miami, FL)
- Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (Kansas City, KS)
- Lewis & Clark College (Portland, OR)
- McKendree University (Lebanon, IL)
- Mercer University (Macon, GA)
- Missouri Western State University (St. Joseph, MO)
- Northwest College (Powell, WY)
- Palomar College (San Marcos, CA)
- Parliamentary Debate at Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
- Point Loma Nazarene University (San Diego, CA)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN)
- Rice University (Houston, TX)
- Saint Mary's College of CA (Moraga, CA)
- San Diego State University (San Diego, CA)
- Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
- Texas Tech U (Lubbock, TX)
- The College of Idaho (Caldwell, ID)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler, TX)
- Tulane University (New Orleans, LA)
- United States Air Force Academy (CO)
- University of Missouri - Columbia (Columbia, MO)
- University of Nevada, Reno (Reno, NV, NV)
- University of North Texas (Denton, TX)
- University of Notre Dame du Lac (Notre Dame, IN)
- University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)
- University of Oregon (Eugene, OR)
- University of Puget Sound (Tacoma, WA)
- University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA)
- University of Utah
- Washburn University (Topeka, KS)
- Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA)
- Wheaton College (Wheaton, IL)
- William Jewell College (Liberty, MO)
- NPDA 2017 Hired (Colorado Springs, CO)
- A - Open NPDA Debate Parli (143)
Total Debate Entries: 143
Pattern - Event - (entries)