Tournament Status: Tournament Completed
Welcome to the home page for the 2016 -17 MAFA Speech & Debate Championships tournament hosted by The University of Central Missouri (MO) on Feb 17-18, 2017 for College students.
Welcome to the Splash page of the 2017 MAFA State Championship Tournament!
We are excited to host the MAFA tournament on Friday & Saturday, February 17-18th, on the campus of the University of Central Missouri in beautiful Warrensburg, Missouri!
While this is Missouri's state tournament, we are an open invitational Speech & Debate Tournament who welcomes programs and their competitors from other states featuring strong competition in three formats of intercollegiate debate (Public Forum, NPDA parli, and NFA-LD) and all 11 AFA-NIET recognized individual events. We want to share our tournament experience with you.
While the attached invitation outlines the specifics of the tournament, highlights include -
- A two-day schedule on a beautiful campus where even the farthest buildings are a short five minute walk;
- Four preliminary rounds of debate in three formats with both novice and open divisions and appropriate outrounds;
- A full slate of individual events;
- Really low fees, great meals, and some really nice awards for all elimination round competitors in all events.
Our MAFA advocacy project for 2016-17 is Empowering Others to Find Their Voice. Look for more information on how you and your students can participate to follow.
Please note: Due to scheduling conflicts, Lincoln-Douglas debaters may enter only 1 event in Pattern B individual events, but are not restricted in Pattern A, Team debaters are not restricted in their IE entries. Schools are limited to 18 debate entries, not to exceed 6 teams and 12 LD debaters and 44 IE entries distributed across all events.
Entries must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 13th.
Please make all checks for fees made paybale to Missouri Association of Forenisc Activities.
If you have questions, or require assistant, please do not hesitate to contact me at 660-543-8646 or Rogers@ucmo.edu.
- Crowder College (Neosho, MO)
- Evangel University (Springfield, MO)
- Johnson County Community College (Overland Park, KS)
- McKendree University (Lebanon, IL)
- Missouri Western State University (St. Joseph, MO)
- Simpson College (Indianola, IA)
- Southwest Baptist University (Bolivar, MO)
- Truman State University (Kirksville, MO)
- Univ of Central MO (Warrensburg, MO)
- University of Nerbaska-UNL (Lincoln, NE)
- Webster University (St. Louis, MO)
- William Woods Unversity (Fulton, MO)
- C - Novice NFA-LD (13)
- C - Open NFA-LD (19)
- D - Novice Parli (8)
- D - Open Parli (18)
- E - Novice Pub.-Forum (0)
- E - Open Pub.-Forum (13)
Total Debate Entries: 71
Pattern - Event - (entries)
- A - Open Dramatic-Interp (20)
- A - Open Extemporaneous (31)
- A - Open Informative (13)
- A - Open Oratory (12)
- A - Open Poetry (16)
- A - Open Prose (27)
- B - Open ADS (21)
- B - Open Comm-Analysis (9)
- B - Open DUO (14)
- B - Open Impromptu (35)
- B - Open Prog-Oral-Interp (11)
Total IE Entries: 209
Pattern - Event - (entries)